Saflex®: Setting the Standard
When Saflex and Vanceva color PVB products incorporate a minimum 30 gauge interlayer, we are confident in stating that it passes standard ASTM/ANSI/CPSC standards when the same nominal thickness is used.
American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM)
- ASTM C1036 - Standard Specification for Flat Glass
- ASTM C1048 - Standard Specification for Heat-Treated Flat Glass - Kind HS, Kind FT Coated and Uncoated Glass
- ASTM C 1172 - Standard Specification for Laminated Architectural Flat Glass
||Thickness in (mm)
||Max. width in (m)
- ASTM E90 - Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission Loss of Building Partitions and Elements
- ASTM E413 - Rating Sound Insulation
- ASTM E1332 - Standard Classification for Determination of Outdoor-Indoor Transmission Class
- ASTM E1300 - Standard Practice for Determining the Minimum Thickness and Type of Glass Required to Resist a Specified Load
- ASTM E1886 & E1996 - Standard Test Method and Specification for Windborne Debris
- ASTM F1233 - Standard Test Method for Security Glazing Materials and Systems
American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- ANSI Z97.1 - Standard for Glazing Materials Used in Buildings - Safety Performance Specifications and Methods of Test
Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC)
Glass Association of North America (GANA)
- GANA - Laminated Glass Design Guide
National Security Agency (NSA)
- NSA 65-8 - Specification for RF Shielded Enclosures
Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., (UL)
- UL 972 - Burglary Resistant Glazing
- UL 752 - Bullet Resistant Equipment
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and the architectural glazing safety sections of model building codes have set uniform requirements for the performance of glazing materials. Two-ply laminated glass with 0.015 in. (0.38 mm) thick Solutia's PVB based interlayer typically meets requirements for Category I, two-ply laminated glass with 0.030" (0.76 mm) thick Solutia's PVB based interlayer typically meets requirements for Category II.
Laminated glass with Solutia's PVB based interlayer meets requirements for ASTM F1233 Forced Entry Testing and UL 972.
Solutia's PVB based interlayers are approved for use in Dade County, Florida and have been issued as NOA#98-0728.05 and NOA#99-1227.02
Saflex and Vanceva color products contain at least one PVB interlayer of a minimum thickness of 0.38mm. They therefore meet the European norms on laminated safety glass.
Current European norms
(www.cenorm.be - www.gepvp.org/cemarking)
||Glass in building - Security glazing - Testing and classification of resistance against manual attack.
||Glass in building - Fire resistant glazed elements with transparent or translucent glass products - Classification of fire resistance.
||Glass in building - Determination of luminous and solar characteristics of glazing (light transmission, direct solar transmission, total solar energy transmission and ultraviolet transmission; corresponding characteristics of glazing).
||Glass in building - Basic soda lime silicate glass products
||Glass in building - Determination of thermal transmittance (U value) - Calculation method.
||Glass in building. Determination of thermal transmittance (U value) - Guarded hot plate method.
||Determination of thermal transmittance (U value) - Heat flow method
||Glass in building - Security glazing - Bullet-resistant glazing - Classification and test method.
||Glass in building - coated glass.
||Test methods for external fire exposure to roofs.
||Glass in building - Special basic products. Part 1: Borosilicate glasses.
||Glass in building - Special basic products. - Borosilicate glasses - Part 2: Glass ceramics.
||Glass in building - Heat strengthened glass.
||Glass in building - Thermally toughened soda lime silicate glass.
||Glass in building - Chemically strengthened soda lime silicate safety glass.
||Glass in building - Laminated glass and laminated safety glass - Definition and description of component parts.
||Glass in building - Laminated glass and laminated safety glass - Laminated safety glass.
||Glass in building - Laminated glass and laminated safety glass - Laminated glass.
||Glass in building - Laminated glass and laminated safety glass - Test methods for durability.
||Glass in building - Laminated glass and laminated safety glass - Dimensions and edge finishing .
||Verre dans la construction - Verre feuilleté et verre feuilleté de sécurité - Aspect.
||Glass in building -Pendulum test - Impact test method and classification for flat glass.
||Glass in building - Glazing and airbourne sound insulation - Product descriptions and determination of properties.
||Glass in building - Thermally toughened borosilicate safety glass.
||Reaction to fire - Classification.
||Testing and classification of resistance to explosion pressure.
||Evaluation of conformity/Product standard
||Glass in Building - Heat soaked soda lime silicate glass.
||Glass in Building - basic alkaline earth silicate glass products.
Did you find the information you were looking for? Please click here to suggest additional content for this page.